Honorary doctorate degrees are generally of the following types:
- Doctor of Engineering
- Doctor of Business
The degree aims to honor individuals
- who have distinguished academic achievement or contribution to the society
- who have made significant accomplishment in the promotion of academic exchange or world’s peace
- whose altruistic actions have brought significant merits to the national security, social development or environmental protection front
- who are outstanding contributors in the development of the academic institution/university
- Nominations are to be submitted to The Office of Academic Affairs of the awarding university. The letter of nomination should include the following information of the nominee: Name, sex, nationality, date of birth, academic. background, curriculum vitae, and proposed doctorate degree to be awarded.
- The reviewing committee (together with other external parties if required) of the awarding university is to assess the nomination. Once the assessment is completed, representatives of the University Council will cast a vote on the nomination. Nominations should be endorsed by the Provost of the college running the doctorate class.
- Once approval has been confirmed by the University Council, the nomination letter, minutes of the reviewing committee and relevant information of the individual to be awarded with the honorary doctorate degree will be filed with the Ministry of Education of the respective country and the Board of Directors of the Charter Management Association (CMA) for further assessment.
If you consider yourself having outstanding contribution to a specific field, you are also welcome to submit an application to us to become an honorary doctor in your area of endeavour.
The higher education programs of the CMA are designed to answer the needs of the matured working professionals, with an aim for their professional credentials to be recognized through the following degree courses: MBA, Phd, DBA, BBA, BA. Through the CMA systems, students can further collaborate through leveraging on each others’ social and professional network.
|CMA’s 34th Anniversary Message by|
|Former US President||英國上議院亨特利侯爵||澳洲上議院何沈慧霞議員||Professor Peter Mathieson, Ph.D|
|Bill Clinton||The Most Hon. The Marquis of Huntly||The Honourable Helen Sham-Ho||President of The University of Hong Kong|
|The Hon. LAM Woon-kwong, GBS, JP|
|Convener of the Non-official Members
of the Executive Council
|(Former Director of Education, HKSAR Govt.)|
Address:Room 706, Ho King Commercial Centre, 2-16 Fa Yuen Street, Mong Kok
Tel: (852) -23626600